包括 Motorola Droid、Droid X 、Samsung Galaxy S、HTC Desire 等都已經有確實升級 Android 2.2 Froyo 的消息，而最近 Sprint 亦公佈會在 8月3日，即下周開始推送 HTC EVO 4G 的 Android 2.2 Froyo 更新。
Sprint is the first wireless carrier to bring Android 2.2 to customers using the award-winning HTC EVO™ 4G beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3
The award-winning HTC EVO 4G just got that much better. We are excited to announce that beginning the week of Aug. 1; Sprint will begin rolling out the Android 2.2 upgrade to its HTC EVO 4G customers.
Sprint will be the first wireless carrier to bring1 the latest version of Android to its customers. The Android 2.2 software release provides a significant number of feature enhancements, including:
- Voice Dialing Over Bluetooth.
- Application Storage on External Memory, giving users more storage room for all their apps.
- Camera 4-way rotation allows the camera icons to rotate with the camera.
“Sprint is thrilled with our customers’ response to HTC EVO 4G and the innovative and exciting experience it offers,” said Fared Adib, vice president – Product Development for Sprint. “It is exciting for us to lead the industry in bringing the Android 2.2 update to these customers and improve on the amazing experience they receive with America’s first 4G capable phone.”
Sprint will begin sending update notifications to users in waves beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3 and the upgrade should be available for all HTC EVO 4G users by the middle of August.
The notification will let the users know that the update is available and it will provide the simple two-step over-the-air download process.
- Users will receive a notification that Android 2.2 is available for download.
- Once the user has downloaded the update, they will be prompted to install the update. The user will be notified that their device will be disabled during the installation process. The phone will be ready to use once the process completes.
For those who just can’t wait to get Android 2.2, there will be an easy user initiated option to download the upgrade. Customers can access the software update through their HTC EVO 4G under the Settings Menu> System Updates > HTC Software Update. This will initiate the three-step process also.
UPDATE – The Android 2.2 update will not wipe your personal data (contacts, apps, settings, photos, etc.). That said, it is always prudent to back up your device before any major software update. There are many backup utilities available in Android Market.
轉載請註明：文章轉載自：TechOrz 囧科技 [http://www.techorz.com/]
本文標題：Sprint 將於8月3日推送HTC EVO 4G的Android 2.2 Froyo更新