早前 Apple 修改了部份 App Store 的條款，令部份原本違反了 App Store 條款的程式可以再重新登陸 App Store。這次修改的其中一個最大的改變是再度準許 Google Voice 的第三方軟件，而首個登新上架的 Google Voice 軟件是 GV Connect。
GV Connect is a native iPhone/iPod Touch application which allows you to interact with your existing “Google Voice” account much faster than using the web interface:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number – enter number directly, select a contact from your device’s contacts, or call back any number in your history.
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number.
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) – voicemails will also show the transcription of the message when available.
• Mark messages as starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note.
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access.
• Composing notes and text messages can be done in landscape mode.
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
• Automatic checking for new messages while the application is active.
• Direct access to your device’s contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• All communication is done with the Google Voice website directly, no need to hand over your account information to a third-party.
• Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.
Please note that GV Connect is NOT a SIP/VOIP application and will thus not allow making calls from an iPad or iPod Touch without a separate VOIP/SIP application. GV Connect currently does not support answering a call back to your ‘Google Talk’ callback number directly on the device.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device’s keychain for faster login when launching the application – communication is done via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers and no contact information (other than the contact’s phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.